Follow Nick on Instagram ▸ @nicholaskirk
Check out Nick’s films & music ▸ http://www.whitestonemp.com
ORIGINAL DELETED John Williams’ score of Star Wars: A New Hope “Binary Sunset” scene ▸ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQSwI5aPja9VHQ5aXpZTDNhZEk/view
Check out my FREE Music Business Course! ▸ http://www.stevenmelin.com/courses
My top 2018 recommendations for Music Gear including my favorite budget keyboard, headphones, & interface! ▸ https://medium.com/@stevenmelin/2018-gear-guide-for-building-your-music-business-ff5db5f3ccb8
In this laughter-filled interview with Filmmaker & Composer Nicholas Kirk, we discuss how to elevate film stories with music! It took everything within me to stop laughing after his John Williams’ impression & his mention of mixing Frosted Flakes with caviar 😂 This chat is FILLED with ridiculous analogies that are actually helpful. Enjoy.
- How he landed his first film scoring job
- Why he chose to become a professional filmmaker
- How he built a successful career living in -nowhere- Georgia
- How composers should work with filmmakers
- Why “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” film score failed
- Landing & Composing main titles for an AMC TV show
- The importance of composers finding a unique voice
- BONUS QUESTION
Join the Sonic Storytellers Email Newsletter & private Facebook Group for free music creation & music business content (blogs, video tutorials, podcasts, etc.) and to interact with other storytellers in the industry through music feedback, contests, & more!